Saturday, April 25, 2009

Catching up!

What a great National! This had to be one of my favorites to attend. I apologize for my lack of posts but I am trying to get over a head cold I caught on the way home.

First off, I want to thank everyone who was there to help me out with my dogs. I could not have done it with out you! It seems that the mattresses in the host hotel and my back did not like each other and my sciatica was rearing its ugly head on me. Thank goodness there was a 24/7 Wally World 2 miles away and my doctor was able to call in some nice meds for me.

Thank you Renee & Dina for all your help at the Herding Trial! Thank you to Diana & Mackenzie Mann who handled Snickers for me and to Genie Bishop and Kerri Carter who handled Luther in the Megan and BOB classes. And to everyone who helped walk and play with my kids - THANK YOU!

I did handle Luther to a 3rd place in Stud Dog, with VERY nice competition! We did have to table the stud dogs and I took the gamble with my back. It felt good to be in the ring with my boy and his handsome sons.

Luther took it all in stride and showed his heart out. And he really got a good look by the judge. He was in the same group as Dickens (CH Twinroc Santa Paws) and his son so we did not get the cut. But I was proud of my boy and thilled with all the nice complements from everyone! And watching his son, Sterling, get an AOM was thrilling!

The BEST was meeting friends, old and new! Getting to meet all our blogger friends and putting faces with names was what made this trip great!

I will share our sight seeing in another post!

No comments: