Sunday, November 23, 2008

The gales of November remember...

November is not becoming one of my favorite months. I know it is the time to count our blessings and reflect on all the good we do have. I am so thankful for the love and friendship in my life, but sometimes loosing those we love makes it difficult. The list for November is growing...

Jake (?/?/1996 - 11/2/2008) Our rescue Berner mix, whom we adopted as a senior citizen in August 2006. Rest well, sweet soul. What a gentle, kind dog you were and our house is empty without you.

Joan A. Craig (12/31/1931 - 11/4/2007) My mother-in-law and the sweetest woman who walked the earth. Taken from us suddenly one year ago - and who will forever be missed.

Philip "Red" Goldman (1/15/1927 - 11/17/1979) My beloved father, who left this earth so suddenly and unexpectedly when I was 9. I have so many wonderful memories of him. We miss you Dad!

Mildred "Mickey" G. Flender (3/19/1916 - 11/19/2008) We are so thankful that Mickey is at peace. Leonard & I brought Thanksgiving dinner to her for the last 4 years and last year she was so bad that we actually prayed that we would not be having Thanksgiving with her in 2008... And our prayers were answered. Her beloved niece, Dorrie, said it perfectly... she wanted to wait to see Bush leave office.

Mickey has taught me the most wonderful lesson - that death can be a blessing. When her coffin was lowered into the ground and we took our turns throwing dirt onto it - I knew she was not there - that she was in heaven, young again and free.

4 comments:

Jeri said...

Bittersweet.

dreameyce said...

I'm so sorry for the recent loss of Jake! RIP sweet pup!

Katrin said...

so sorry to hear about Mickey. hope you're doing ok.

Holly said...

I am doing OK...

When death comes to those young and healthy, with no warning, I have such a hard time dealing with it.

When death comes to those who have had a good, long life and when their body can no longer give them quality in their lives, it is a definite blessing.

I FINALLY learned the difference.